Pledged was finally released on September 1st! To help promote the release I am posting the book trailer along with my review. And to celebrate the release I have two e-copies of Pledged to give away.
* Just a comment on the trailer- not how I pictured Erin and Seth at all! LOL
* I was given a free copy of this book for review purposes. The review is based solely on my opinion and was not influenced by author or publisher.
Wow, there is a lot going on in this story, there really isn't a dull moment. There are a few elements of the story that are common to young adult novels but in Pledged they are anything but typical. There is no shortage of romance, but it is in no way sappy which I was thankful for. And the love triangle makes an appearance but it masquerades as more of a love square. The characters are definitely colorful, I was worried that Seth was going to fit the mold of tortured soul, miserable, teenage boy but he doesn't. Sure, he has his moments but his 'up' moments break those up nicely. Erin is a strong, fairly independent female character and she compliments Seth's character nicely. The supporting cast is well rounded, filled with people you love and people you love to hate. There is a classic Good vs. Evil conflict, but there are so many twists and turns to the plot that sometimes you have to wonder if the Good guys are really good. There is no question that the bad guys are evil.
The stage has been set for book 2, Sacrificed, which is due to be released January 2013. I am definitely looking forward to finding out what is in store for Seth and Erin.
My Rating: 4/5 stars
- Giveaway is open to everyone 13 years of age and older.
- Prizes will be provided by author, winners' information will be provided to author or her representative.
- Winners will be chosen on September 12, 2012.
- Winners will be contacted via e-mail and will have 48 hours to respond, if there is no response after 48 hours a new winner will be chosen.
- Entering is easy, leave a comment on this post explaining how you feel about soul mates. Also leave your e-mail address for contact purposes. It's that easy!